IGNORED

Flasher Cancelling Unit

Hi There could somebody explain how the flasher cancelling unit works on a standard first Gen XVZ 1200? does it work on time? or angle? or do you just slide the switch back to the centre on the left switch gear?

sorry for the stupid question but I had a home made one on before, and have just put a standard harness back on.

Cheers scott

The stock canceler works on a combination of time and distance.

To the flasher will cancel after the signal is on for at least 15 seconds AND the bike must travel 400 feet. Once both of these conditions are met the signal will cancel.

To cancel manually, just press straight in on the signal switch on the left handlebar. The switch is spring loaded to the center position so if you try to move it back you will end up signaling the other way.

On the back of a 1st gen speedometer, there is a magnetic strip that reads off the revolutions of the drum/cable. These strips are glued on and must be seated in place. If your flashers are not cancelling, this is one of the first things I would check. After many years, the glue tends to get dry and brittle.

Does your system not cancel at all?

RandyA

Hi there, its a xvz1200 chopper I have built which does not have the standard speedo. I can assume then that the distance sensor on the speedo will not work as its a custom unit. the switch gear does not have the facility to press the switch in the centre to cancel.

not sure if this will be able to cancel via the switch? or I will have to wire in another switch with a cancel facility built in?

Cheers scott