IGNORED

Forward Controls Who has them Pros and Cons

muaymendez1

I was riding with a few V rods today and loved the way they were able to lean more While I was scraping pegs.

I had Forward controls on my 04 shadow and I just loved them. The only problem was not being able to stand and shift positions. Today I am thinking I could deal with that.

I rode 3 hours without having to shift my rear once. I think The seat is breaking in my ass.

SO what do you guys think about forward controls.

My wife has forward controls on her '08 Harley Sportster 1200C and loves them most of the time but also fought not being able to shift position while riding. I added a third set of pegs in the mid position so she can stand up a little, shift her legs etc. Adds an interesting look to the bike but is very functional. In order to clear the brakes, I had to shim the right side mounting bracket 3/4" and use longer bolts.

I'm not a fan. I had an old timer tell me over 30 years ago that "if you can sit on a bike (PARKED!!), let go of the handlbars and standup, you'll be able to ride it a long way, if you can't, the riding position will get uncomfortable pretty quickly". In all the years since I've found that to be true, be it dealing with rearsets on a sportbike OR forward controls on a cruiser. "standard" seems to fit our bodies better over the long haul. YRMV..

I've got a set for sale that are on my 96 royal star, I don't like them, they are too much of a stretch for my 32 inch inseam...otherwise, they look awesome.

They don't have 800 miles on them, probably don't have 800 kilometres on them....$300 and you pay the shipping...but be forewarned, they are heavy! They listed at $700 when I got them off of e-bay last year from a dealer in Kentucky clearing out stock.

gunk:shock3: