IGNORED

Blue Ridge Parkway

roadwarrior

Unless it has changed the Parkway is closed for a stretch above Boone, and near Linville Viaduct, and then from Little Switzerland all the way to Asheville. You can still go to Mt. Mitchell but you have to come right back out the same way, no passage to the south from there.

This is good news. My wife and I are leaving Monday to visit family in Va. and hope to ride the Parkway from Virginia down into NC. We have been hearing about fuel shortages. Has the fuel situation settled out? JR

Plenty of gas this weekend from Blowing Rock NC to Roanoke VA.

No problem with fuel on the north end either. If you have any questions from Front Royal to say Roanoke let us know. I sure someone will help south of there as well. There are always a lot of deer and other animals up there so be careful. If you have never been on the mountain there, Skyline Drive has plenty of overlooks however the speed limit is 35 and enforced. Once you get on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Afton the views sort of go away however the speed goes to 45 and the roads are more sweeping.

On the Skyline Drive, there's a place called Big Meadows. It's a good place to stop and eat. Not fancy but ok food and they have ice cream if you need a snack. They also have a lodge if you need a place to stay. There's a short walk from there to Black Rock, about 150 yards, great view and cell service. LOL If you're camping any, there's a MC campground at Meadows of Dan called Willville, nice place, not fancy but clean. Enjoy your trip.

Spotsy

Just got in from trip to Virginia. Left Georgia wednesday afternoon and rode to Virginia almost to Maryland and then went across to West Virginia. Stayed off the parkway and rode other roads. I think we rode highway 220 that was so beautiful. The trees and leaves are the most beautiful I've ever seen. I thought the scenery in the North Carolina mountains was beautiful but Virginia is awesome. Gas was plentiful and much lower than Georgia. I think we filled up in Wythville Virginia this morning for $2.49 per gallon. Not sure of the spelling of Wythville.