IGNORED

Gen1 MK2 Trailer Hitch?

luvmy40

I think I've found a Gen1, MK2 trailer hitch locally. I have no idea what it looks like yet and I have no idea what it might be worth.

Any idea what a realistic price would Be.

Are there many different makes out there? I know I've seen several different styles of hitches for the MK1.

The most common hitch for the Venture, whether MKI or MKII, First Generation was the one made by Markland.

Markland hitch for the MKI:

Trailer Hitch, Markland, MKI claimed to be for MKII, $165 2013.JPGTrailer Hitch, Markland, MKI Install Instructions.jpg

The Markland hitch for the MKII:

Trailer Hitch, Markland, MKII,  $167.50 2014.JPGTrailer Hitch, Markland, MKII,  $70.00 2013.jpg

Historically, prices for the complete Markland hitch have ranged from a low of $60 to a high of $160 (or more).

There was other manufacturers of trailer hitches for the Venture. HitchCo was one, but there were others, I just don't know their names.

Some examples of other hitches:

Trailer Hitch, Hitchco, MKII, $145 2013 .JPGTrailer Hitch, MKI, $140 2013 .JPGTrailer Hitch, Unknown Model, $29.50, 2015 .jpgTrailer Hitch, Unknown Model, $169.99, 2012 .jpg

luvmy40,

I have some parts to a Markland hitch for a Gen I Mk2.

The main horizontal bars and the chrome hitch plate as shown above.

I don't believe that I have the short straps and clamps that go to the bag guards on the rear.

But they can easily be fabricated or alternates can be sourced.

They are yours if you want them just PM me.

Regards,

Argo