IGNORED

Cruise control/speedometer

Hi guys,

I took a nice four hour trip last weekend and noticed a couple of things on the way. This is the first time I have really used the cruise control and also the first time I used a GPS while riding. First thing I noticed was my speedometer is off. It goes farther off the faster I go. For instance when I'm doing 65 by my speedometer I'm showing only 60 on the GPS. When I'm showing 80 on the speedometer I'm showing 73 on the GPS. Around 50 and below I'm pretty close to the GPS speed. It's not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a way to adjust the speedometer.

Second thing that I had a bit of an issue with is setting the cruise control. I had to push the set button several times to get it to lock on and sometimes it wouldn't lock at the speed I set it but would catch about five MPH below the speed I would engage at. Once it engaged I could increase speed by using the accelerate button and everything worked fine. I could also disengage the cruise and when I went back to resume everything worked flawlessly. So the issue seems to be only getting the cruise to engage. Once again not a terrible problem but just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and maybe has a fix. Thanks

Both issues are normal for these bikes. To correct the speedometer I know of two items available, the speedohealer and SpeedoDRD. Both have good reviews but the DRD is cheaper.

Try this on the cruise: hit the set button and immediately rock the switch up in the resume position. That seems to work for most and is a habit I don't even notice anymore. I use the cruise a lot and it works for me.

Hi guys,

I took a nice four hour trip last weekend and noticed a couple of things on the way. This is the first time I have really used the cruise control and also the first time I used a GPS while riding. First thing I noticed was my speedometer is off. It goes farther off the faster I go. For instance when I'm doing 65 by my speedometer I'm showing only 60 on the GPS. When I'm showing 80 on the speedometer I'm showing 73 on the GPS. Around 50 and below I'm pretty close to the GPS speed. It's not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a way to adjust the speedometer.

Second thing that I had a bit of an issue with is setting the cruise control. I had to push the set button several times to get it to lock on and sometimes it wouldn't lock at the speed I set it but would catch about five MPH below the speed I would engage at. Once it engaged I could increase speed by using the accelerate button and everything worked fine. I could also disengage the cruise and when I went back to resume everything worked flawlessly. So the issue seems to be only getting the cruise to engage. Once again not a terrible problem but just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and maybe has a fix. Thanks

I would look on this site for the service manuals. Then I would lube and adjust throttle cables to spec and probably replace the vacuum line from the pump to the solenoid unit. I would also adjust solenoid/throttle cable at the solenoid unit as it made a world of difference on my bike. Instant cruise lock and rock solid speed set up and down hills.

th.jpg

I would look on this site for the service manuals. Then I would lube and adjust throttle cables to spec and probably replace the vacuum line from the pump to the solenoid unit. I would also adjust solenoid/throttle cable at the solenoid unit as it made a world of difference on my bike. Instant cruise lock and rock solid speed set up and down hills.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116380

Du-Rron

Thanks for the reply. I do have the manual so I will take a look at all of those items. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

All switch contact get dirty and make problems. My cruise control would not work properly, no set, accelerate or decelerate functions. I have used WD-40 spray, ( as a contact cleaner), to clean a switch and it has always worked for me. Also used it on other switches, clutch, turn indicator and brake, on my other Yamahas to eliminate a problem. After using WD move the switch to different positions several times to help clean the contacts. Similar problem but different area, use a pencil eraser or WD to clean PCB connections and eliminate chip creep problems.

Hope this helps.

Mike