IGNORED

Fuel tank screw fell out

Hello all, getting gas today and noticed the right side screw

has come loose. Unable to tighten it for some reason. Took a piece of wire and probed the hole

and it seems not to be aligned. However, I can't seem to

get it to line up. The other screw is still tight and

the tank looks like it's sitting normal. Ideas?

has come loose. Unable to tighten it for some reason. Took a piece of wire and probed the hole

Sounds like you are talking about the right front bolt behind the steering that holds the tank on. It should line up fairly easily. If you haven't tried it already, remove the bold that holds the rear of the tank (just under front edge of drivers seat) and then I see no reason why it wouldn't align. Have removed my tank many times and ever hand alignment issue, but I always put the front 2 side bolts in first.

Sounds like you are talking about the right front bolt behind the steering that holds the tank on. It should line up fairly easily. If you haven't tried it already, remove the bold that holds the rear of the tank (just under front edge of drivers seat) and then I see no reason why it wouldn't align. Have removed my tank many times and ever hand alignment issue, but I always put the front 2 side bolts in first.

2nd Gen...I put the front two bolts in first as well and the one by the seat in last. To align the front ones make sure the tank is straight and lift the front of the tank on the side you are having issues with. This will help align the bolt.

If the left side and the rear bolt are still tight, loosen those before you try to install the right side one, you need the "slop" in the set up to get all of them aligned and started before tightening any of the three. If you still cannot get it to start, you may need to remove the tank to get clear access to the hole so you can try threading the bolt in to be sure the threads in the frame are still OK.