IGNORED

YES WHINE is GONE I Finally did IT PUT OIL line to THE DRIVE gear on Clutch housing

YES I Finally achieved the seeming impossible 70% quieter clutch whine I did IT OVER THE LONG winter I PUT in an outside oil line too Using the allen key bolt/cap covering the pressure gauge which i drilled out to half inch bolt size and threaded it ! THEN drilled and threaded the half inch bolt for a 10 mm brake line and ran the line round the back and into the top of the clutch housing right above and directly onto the clutch gears IT works perfectly and is 70% more quiet Just barely noticeable with MY BAT ears lollol YEAAA congrats to me No more whine AHHHHHHH yes thanks for reading I use do it yourself brake line parts to deal with 90 degrees difference outlet to inlet I wrapped it in aluminum tape 3 layers to get rid of any exhaust heat too and painted the aluminum blacktop line into clutch.jpgdrilled and taped half inch bolt.jpglower pressure gauge outlet connection rsv08.jpg

HI bud thanks for your glowing words yr a good buddy! YES thought a lot about it the the whole line is around 1/8th diameter and 17 inches long the hole in bolt is less then 1/8 to make sure 3/32 so I have noticed no new noise on valves! I have ears like bat SO this WHole job was Absolutely necessary OR new Bike poof that's IT NOW it's smooth like turbine/porche sortof AWSOME quiet and smooooth NICE. THE whole problem stems from two things the web in the motor where the drive gear is is two high so there is not enough splash on this Bloody Clutch Main GEAR THIS is an OIL splash motor as opposed to a high pressure OIL line feed motor anyway I almost drilled a feed hole by the main drive to have more splash on the clutch gear too BUT didn't like the IDEA somehow THIS bike motor was designed to be upright when stationary on a center stand which would bathe the clutch at rest but in current configuration It's leaned way over no oil on clutch IT"S all in the gear casing I have experimented with a right lean stand so that the clutch was resting right and bathing clutch at rest and it was way quieter for an hr of driving THAT"S when I realised this was a nearly dry running clutch and so noisier then need be! I hate the stupid sound of the DUCATI's consequently

Edited by RussLightwing

:scared:,,, HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!:thumbsup::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:GOOD THINKIN and GREAT JOB and CONGRATS ON THE OUTCOME BROTHER!!:thumbsup:

:scratchchin:,,,, thinking out loud here and just gotta ask Russ,,, you give any thought to possible oil pressure loss in the system? Not trying to start anything but would hate to see you lose a motor due to oil pressure drop... :think:

HI bud thanks for your glowing words yr a good buddy! YES thought a lot about it the the whole line is around 1/8th diameter and 17 inches long the hole in bolt is less then 1/8 to make sure 3/32 so I have noticed no new noise on valves! I have ears like bat SO this WHole job was Absolutely necessary OR new Bike poof that's IT NOW it's smooth like turbine/porche sortof AWSOME quiet and smooooth NICE. THE whole problem stems from two things the web in the motor where the drive gear is is two high so there is not enough splash on this Bloody Clutch Main GEAR THIS is an OIL splash motor as opposed to a high pressure OIL line feed motor anyway I almost drilled a feed hole by the main drive to have more splash on the clutch gear too BUT didn't like the IDEA somehow THIS bike motor was designed to be upright when stationary on a center stand which would bathe the clutch at rest but in current configuration It's leaned way over no oil on clutch IT"S all in the gear casing I have experimented with a right lean stand so that the clutch was resting right and bathing clutch at rest and it was way quieter for an hr of driving THAT"S when I realised this was a nearly dry running clutch and so noisier then need be! I hate the stupid sound of the DUCATI's consequently

hi I did actually but it still seemed like it would be better off insulated since in two places it was 2 inches near the exhaust and its not just stainless braid it is plastic coated and you see th braid underneath rubber inside sooo just to be on the safe side and the bolt is now protected too to prevent leakage Thanks for the question and I didn't want the exhaust to heat the oil up inside

:scared:,,, HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!:thumbsup::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:GOOD THINKIN and GREAT JOB and CONGRATS ON THE OUTCOME BROTHER!!:thumbsup:

:scratchchin:,,,, thinking out loud here and just gotta ask Russ,,, you give any thought to possible oil pressure loss in the system? Not trying to start anything but would hate to see you lose a motor due to oil pressure drop... :think:

That would be my concèrn also. Miģht be better to capture oil draining back down from the cam towers and channel it to the clutch.

YES thought a lot about it the the whole pressure thing:detective::2133: the line is around 1/8th diameter and 17 inches long the hole in bolt is less then 1/8 to make sure 3/32 so I have noticed no new noise on valves! I have ears like bat SO this WHole job was Absolutely necessary OR new Bike poof that's IT NOW it's smooth like turbine/porche sort of AWESOME quiet and smooooth NICE. :witch_brew:THE whole problem stems from two things the web in the motor where the drive gear is ,is two high so there is not enough splash on this Bloody Clutch Main GEAR THIS is an OIL splash motor as opposed to a high pressure OIL line feed motor anyway I almost drilled a feed hole THERE by the main drive to have more splash on the clutch gear too BUT didn't like the IDEA somehow THIS bike motor was designed to be upright ona center stand when stationary which would bathe the lower part of the clutch at rest! but in current configuration It's leaned way over to lthe left so no oil on clutch IT"S( the oill) is all in the gear casing I have experimented with a right lean stand so that the clutch was resting right and bathing clutch at rest and it was way quieter for an hr of driving THAT"S when I realised this was a nearly dry running clutch and so noisier then need be! I hate the stupid sound of the DUCATI's clutch for instance :thumbsup2::hurts::canada::backinmyday:

• 2 years later...