IGNORED

2nd Gen main fuse location

I think my ignition switch has gone bad, but before I tear it apart and drill out the bolts to put a new one in, I thought I would start looking at the fuses. The problem is, I know I have seen the 30 Amp main fuse before but now cannot find it. I looked in my owners manual and service manual and it shows like it is right next to the other fuse panel behind panel B on the Left Side but I cannot see it. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

First off do you have any power? Main fuse is located left side under the side cover and behind the left floorboard. Dont just visual the fuse, check it with an OHM meter. I had one go bad and looked OK but was cruddy looking. I OHM'd it out and it was bad. Do you get nothing with the switch "on" I can tell you how to jumper the switch to test to see if its bad, but bike will only roll over not start. You have to create a jumper harness for the ECM to make it run. But it would tell you if the switch is junk.

I do make plug and play by-pass relay kits. See ad here.

Nothing, I thought that it was just a dead battery from all the lightning and storming that we have had down here in Texas the past couple of weeks, but new gel battery did not fix the problem, I am ordering on of your bypass kits anyway, since I have the tank off. I checked the red-brown/blue wires at the switch and nothing, still don't see the main fuse though, just the 5 fuse block on the left side. It isn't with the other fuses in the front right lower fairing is it. If I jump across the red wire to the brown/blue I should get something I would think, since that is what we bypass in an emergency right?

Pull off the left passenger foot board and the plastic cover behind it. The starter solenoid and fuse are located there. Even if that's not your problem it would be a good idea to clean the connections and coat with dielectric grease. Highly likely to have corrosion due to location

Pull off the left passenger foot board and the plastic cover behind it. The starter solenoid and fuse are located there. Even if that's not your problem it would be a good idea to clean the connections and coat with dielectric grease. Highly likely to have corrosion due to location

+1 on above post and Dions kits. He has them down to a science and well worth the time and money....

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. Ihave some pics and info I can send you. When you get the floorboard off and that plastic cover off the fuse is sort of hidden behind the solinoid.

I came off a 3500+ mile trip with no problems. 3 days later I went out to start to go to store and nothing. Fuse was corroded and cruddy looking. I OHM'd it out and it had continiuty but had resistance on it, so must have been enough to not allow starter to work.