IGNORED

Drilling RK Mufflers

I've been enjoying the thread the was just revisited about drilling out the stock RSV mufflers. Got me to thinking about my Road King mufflers and wanting to get them a bit louder. I've read all the threads I can find, but I'm still not getting it for some reason. The thread about the stock mufflers has pics, so I was finally able to get my head around that process. Can anybody offer any visual help with the RK mufflers? I'd like to do mine if I can figure it out.

Sorry, I can't help you with photos, as mine are already done. But, it is VERY easy to do. You need a 1 1/8" metal hole saw, attached to a 12" extension, attached to a power drill. Put the hole saw into each end (inlet and outlet) and drill out the baffles. What falls out of each end is a single metal disk, about the size of a silver dollar. Took me about ten minutes to do all four. I still didn't think it was quite loud enough, so I went with the BUBS instead. But the job is very simple to do. Hope this helps. Don.

I've been enjoying the thread the was just revisited about drilling out the stock RSV mufflers. Got me to thinking about my Road King mufflers and wanting to get them a bit louder. I've read all the threads I can find, but I'm still not getting it for some reason. The thread about the stock mufflers has pics, so I was finally able to get my head around that process. Can anybody offer any visual help with the RK mufflers? I'd like to do mine if I can figure it out.

Mick just like Don posted below, when you are done you can see through them, you will need a set of chrome clamps and a set of hangers, you can make the hangers or purchase a set. I attached a template below. You can also purchase another set of HD pipes incase you don't like the drilled out ones. I just purchase a set at this years sweep meet for $25.00 in excellent shape. Another thing not sure what year HD started putting the catalyst converter in the pipes they may be a little harder to drill out. Hope this helps :sun: