IGNORED

Painting Passenger Floorboards

My 86 VR is the Urishi Black/Marshall Gold color tone. Not bragging; however, in my humble opinion, the bike's design and color looks better than most bike's out there. Just wished the plastic would hold up as well as the metal.

Anyway, I am thinking about painting the "YAMAHA" side of the passenger floorboards. In my mind I have visualized, black paint for the inner textured part of the floorboard and gold for the letters YAMAHA to match the "Venture" wording on the bike. The all around outer 1" untextured part of the floorboard I have polished to a mirror finish.

Any thoughts or better ideas about this. If some of you have done something similar, please let me know. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Allen

Dallas, Texas

Allen-

I look forward to the pics after your done. You're right about the color scheme. I have the same paint and love the look.

I repainted my trunk a while ago and went through the process of having the paint matched. The paint codes are listed in the thread I did after I finished painting: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8492

The codes matched well but not exactly but I've never had anyone notice.

Hope it's helpful.

Dave:thumbsup2:

Looks good to me Dave. As stated in the responses in your thread, ColorRite does produce the Urishi Black and Marshall Gold body paints which are an excellent match. I have used their touchup pens in the past. I will probably order a couple of the Urishi Black and Clearcoat touchup pens from ColorRite and purchase the gold paint pen to match the gold colored wording on the bike from Michael's or some other craft place.

Thanks for the response.

Allen

Dallas, Texas