Hello...

I just purchased a 2006 RSV. Matter of fact, I traded my '99 Victory for it last Friday.

Anyways.. I've been hearing people talking about the new fuels with 10% ethanol and all... Some people have suggested that I put a fuel additive in from "time to time".

What is this additive and what will it do for me? If this is not going to mess anything up and work wonders for my bike, what brand names do you all suggest?

SpEEd Safely

CG

Hello...

I just purchased a 2006 RSV. Matter of fact, I traded my '99 Victory for it last Friday.

Anyways.. I've been hearing people talking about the new fuels with 10% ethanol and all... Some people have suggested that I put a fuel additive in from "time to time".

What is this additive and what will it do for me? If this is not going to mess anything up and work wonders for my bike, what brand names do you all suggest?

SpEEd Safely

CG

Seafoam!!!!!!!!

Yep,

Seafoam is an additive that basically cleans the fuel system. It's the closest thing to carb-clean-in-a-can that you can get. It can also be used in oil to keep valves etc clean. Gets rid of build-up / gum etc.

Lost of testimonials if you poke around the site a bit - also instructions on how much - how often to use it.

Hi Friends,

Some questions from a newbie:

``````````````````````````

At what mileage would y'all suggest in putting a can of that stuff in my 07 Venture? Bought mine on 11 May, have 1,171 miles of smiles on the odometer!

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Is it necessary to shut the fuel cock lever off when not riding bike?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Where would I be able to purchase a Venture luggage rack at a lower price then what Yamaha sells them for?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Am 6', 215 pounds, what air pressure should I use in shocks?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Have a great day, proud to have joined y'all!!

Jerry"PopPop"Zimmermann

Hi Friends,

Some questions from a newbie:

``````````````````````````

At what mileage would y'all suggest in putting a can of that stuff in my 07 Venture? Bought mine on 11 May, have 1,171 miles of smiles on the odometer!

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

My guess would be that it's never too soon to use Seafoam. Why let the bad stuff build up?

Is it necessary to shut the fuel cock lever off when not riding bike?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I never shut it off. If I did I would never remember to turn it back on and then run out of gas and look stupid on the side of the road trying to figure out why it won't run.:rotf::rotf:

Where would I be able to purchase a Venture luggage rack at a lower price then what Yamaha sells them for?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Saw some on Ebay, try cruisercustumizing also.

Am 6', 215 pounds, what air pressure should I use in shocks?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I weigh 270 and ran 35lbs in the rear shock, it all depends on the feel of the ride for you. Some will run more some less it's a personal thing really.

Welcome to the world of the Venture

Wayne