Heat and or fishing line has been used. Most people can peel it off if they heat it up with a hair dryer. I think I'd try the Heat and then, at least start it, with the fishing line and see how that works. Then use Googone or WD-40 to take the adhesive residue off of the tank.

Are you trying to get it off in one piece so you can put it back on?

I had removed some from an older Suzuki and I used the hairdryer method but I have too much invested in this one to take any chances screwing up the paint. The artist might charge me more if the paint gets damaged. Thanks for the help

Phil

I just debadged mine a few weeks ago using the hair dryer to heat it up and spider wire fish line to slide it off.. it will not damage the paint doing this method. If you have any chunks of the glue left behind (grey putty like substance) you can warm it up with the hair dryer and rub it with your thumb and it will roll up into a ball and come off.. No scraping, no hard edges trying to lift the stuff off..

A good rubbing compound and polish afterwards gets the left over residue off..

Cheers

you dont "burn" the placard with the hair dryer, you just heat it up little by little starting at one end only, remove the hair dryer (heat) and see if it pulls off.

Once yuo start it loose at one end you work your way to the other end slowly applying a little heat, remove the heat, pull on the string, apply a little heat, and keep working your way slowly to the other end of the placard.

Dont try heating the placard all up at once where it is super hot or you will possibly damage the paint..

:thumbsup2: