In the tool kit I have there is a "socket" to fit the spark plugs. However I can't get anything in there, that comes with the kit, to be able to turn the socket. The only thing that fits is the wrench and I can't get it down in there. Am I missing something? I didn't think that the kit had ever been out of the bag.

:confused24:

In the tool kit I have there is a "socket" to fit the spark plugs. However I can't get anything in there, that comes with the kit, to be able to turn the socket. The only thing that fits is the wrench and I can't get it down in there. Am I missing something? I didn't think that the kit had ever been out of the bag.

:confused24:

I think on a 2ndGen you have to remove a few things in order to get to the plugs. It's a little hard to get to the 1stGens also, but I can get that tool bag socket down on the plug and one of those flat box end wrenches on the top of it. Generally after getting it loose by half a turn it can be removed with finger power.

To make that whole thing easier, you definitely have to pull the 4 cap screws on the engine braces, to get at the front two plugs. I found it to be very helpful to get a spark plug socket (18mm I believe) add a short extension, univeral and then a longer extension and it's a piece of cake to get them out. It was posted out here before, I believe, putting them back in, use a short piece of 3/8" fuel line (3" or so) slid over the end of the plug as an extension and you can get it started very easily.