IGNORED

Checked and adjusted the PMS-way off

I removed the PMS caps from my carbs last Saturday and turned then out 1/4 turn each. ( I also plugged the AIS and synced the carbs) I started noticing some popping on decel after that.

This evening I checked the adjustment on each carb. They ranged from 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 turns out!

I tried to adjust them by ear but I couldn't hear enough difference to do it that way. I wrote down the adjustments on each in case I needed to go back and then set them all to 2 1/4 out. The result: The bike started easier than it ever has and when I took it for a spin it seemed to be more responsive; more crisp.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Do you think I'm close on the adjustment? Is there a better way to adjust them w/out buying a carb-tune or EG analyzer?

Not really. Turn them just enough that you don't have any popping on decel, and it's good. I'd certainly keep them all the same number of turns out. If you ever have opportunity, check the float level too. You'll most likely find none of them the same either, just like the mixture screws. Set them all the same and the bike will run smoother again.

Edited by pegscraper

Steve.......don't even go there, man.......sometimes I leave my screen open....and I've been killed for less than a discussion like this!!

Wow. I was way off on what you were talking about when I read PMS in the title. There for a second I thought there was something I could adjust.