IGNORED

2009 RSVenture / Engine Upgrade

blackazz

I look for it in 2010 as that is when the EPA tier 2 emissions standards come into effect and I don't see how a carburetted engine will pass....but I am an armchair motorcycle engineer ;)

Yamaha has spent a lot of Yen on the R&D of the V-Max and traditional the RSV and V-Max have shared engine parts but not engines, so one can extrapolate that if the RSV is to survive as a 3rd generation it will have the new V-Max motor but with less power as IMHO Yamaha would be shooting itself in the foot it the V-Max motor was directly installed in a touring bike, but we can hope..................

In late 2009 I might put my 2007 RSV up for sale.....

I want fly by wire, variable valve timing & EFI and the performance improvements that come with it!!!! More and smoother power application and better fuel economy!!!!!!! but the trade off is a higher R&D cost which is hopefully absorbed by the V-Max buyers. I cant WAIT till V-Max sightings are a yawn fest, meaning there are LOTS of them on the roads. This would probably bring down the cost of the 3rd Gen RSV.

IF they want to put traction control and ABS on the RSV than I am all for it, but IMHO Yamaha is shooing for the entry level touring bike, when you ONLY look at the initial purchase price, so they might not make it on the new bike. Compare the RSV to any touring bike (full fairings, hard bags and trunk with a stereo and two up seating) and the RSV has the lowest MSRP. IMHO it also has the most Bang for the Buck, Euro, Pound or Yen.

Time for me to get off my electronic soapbox.

Thanks for the comments on a 2009 detuned VMax engine coming out in an RSV anytime soon. I was only hoping, cause I ride hard, fast and safe and ain't getting any younger. If Yamaha does't ever come out with a Reverse Option, just make it faster. Still love my 2003, Eat Harleys Midnight Venture .........