IGNORED

Tour pak removal

Tommy

I was reading the threads a few weeks ago..about how the 1st gen. handles without the tour pak installed....Well, I thought I'd try it since Yammer Dan said the bike handled differently. Wow, I'm 5'-11 and around 160 lbs., and I can't believe it's the same bike...Handles better than I thought was possible. The VR has always felt top heavy to me..til I removed the big box...I weighed my TP and it tipped the scales at 31 pounds. Now, add stuff to the box and you can easily add 50 pounds way above the center of gravity, and you have a top heavy bike..I bought a piece of .100 thousands thick shiny aluminum tread plate from Lowes and made a luggage platform for a duffle with just clothes. All the attachment points are already available. Now, I can fill the saddle bags and that will help keep the CG low. I took pix of the set up, but have never learned how to add pix to a thread. If someone can instruct me, I'll post pix and, also, how I added a 90 degree zerk fitting to the steering head.... God, I love this stuff....

I'm curious to see that, Tommy! If you go down below the text box when you're posting you will see a a button that says "manage attachments", click on that and it will bring up six "browse" buttons. Just click on one of those and look in your pictures until you find the one that you want and double click it, repeat for more pics. Then click "upload files". If it doesn't upload, it may be to big and you'll need to re-size it smaller. If you don't have that program Don posted around here someplace.