IGNORED

Intercom mic's not working

Ron Henzen

I am in Perth, Australia. I have recently purchased a 2006 Venture and have wired in our head sets from a custom made audio system from another bike. The speakers work fine, but the mic's don't. I've got the correct plug pins order from Gary L Mace on this website, checked all my wiring thoroughly, checked for short circuits and continuity, adjusted the intercom volumn, set the audio system to HS, made sure both rider and pillion sets are plugged in and even made up additional test wiring harnesses, front and rear, with 5 pin plugs at one end and aligator clips at the other and connected another set of speakers and mic's from a friend and the mic's still don't work. I've tried swapping the order, but then nothing works. However, another friend with a 2004 Venture bought after market head sets from the USA that were made for the Honda Goldwing and we plugged them into my bike and the mic's worked okay. I'm totally stumped. Does anyone know if the audio system has a built in blocker to prevent us using after market products not made for these bikes, or what may be causing my problem. Cheers.

No, I don't know of anything that would prevent them in regards to blockers and etc. If you do have everything wired correctly, I would wonder about the impedance of the microphones that you are trying to use. Here is a link to the "pin out" diagrams. May be the same one that you got but just to be sure.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=499