IGNORED

no fire what next?

Guest hamdavid

Guest hamdavid

Ok guys got tank cleaned out of my 84 with seafoam and i was able to get the 2 left bowls to drain added fresh gas and got no fire. I checked sparkplugs to see if i had fire and nope not there either. Starter turns over fine no dragging. I want to note that i have no display in neutral all the bells and whistles work in 1st and 2nd but nothing in neutral I am wondering if this may be my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

David:Avatars_Gee_George:

Ok guys got tank cleaned out of my 84 with seafoam and i was able to get the 2 left bowls to drain added fresh gas and got no fire. I checked sparkplugs to see if i had fire and nope not there either. Starter turns over fine no dragging. I want to note that i have no display in neutral all the bells and whistles work in 1st and 2nd but nothing in neutral I am wondering if this may be my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

David:Avatars_Gee_George:

I wonder if it will fire when in gear. Maybe try starting when in gear, with the clutch lever pulled & sidestand up. As it could possibly be your neutral switch acting up. Better dig out the multimeter too, to check out other parts of the starter interlock system, as well. You will need a manual for the various tests, to perform.

Starter turns over fine no dragging. I want to note that i have no display in neutral all the bells and whistles work in 1st and 2nd but nothing in neutral David:Avatars_Gee_George:

Guys, looks like you missed this part, now in Bolt text........

Guest hamdavid

going to put new plugs in tommorow also as far as i was told bike was running someone climbed on who shouldnt have and bike fell on right side hard. He cut it off with run switch got it back upright and recranked it and ran fine but right guard had bent and busted plastic pipe from water pump(he thought it was radiator busted) nad was leaking fluid so was turned off and parked. It was sitting there for 2+ years since. I had to cut it loose from vines and clean out the dirt dobber nests in it before i got it home.

I would look for a bad ground or cracked circuit board on the display,Check small green wire coming from left side under the middle gear drive cover (rear cover on left). That is the neutral indicator switch. It is probably ok since you have indication of 1st, 2nd, etc. on the display, I presume.

Have you got the fairing off? If not, remove the headlight and you can reach(?!) most connectors going to the display panel.

Check ignition fuses, could have been knocked loose in the tumble.

Just a couple more things to check.

Oh, I forgot GeorgeS' famous quote of the day, month, year(!!!!!!LOL) Clean ALL your connectors with Electriclean or similar and put dielectric grease on the connections!!!

Dan