Does anyone have a spare center light/reflector for an 86 VR? Seems mine bailed out on me today, possibly while I was embarrassing a Road King that under estimated the get up and go of a 22 year old bike. I guess 85 in second may have shook it loose. Its the one that says Yamaha under the tag.

No, I'm afraid I dont' have one, but can only offer this tip.

When you do get one, glue the hell out of it! Or, if you think you might ever want to take it off, use some SS (#4 or 6) screws and small washers and attach it that way.

I was missing mine for the first 4 years of owing my '86 and, when I found one, made sure it wouln't come off again.

You're not the first to lose one!

Murph'

mastermechanic,

It's kinda like asking; is it hard to find oil? Answer is, depends on where you look, how hard you look, how much time you spend looking and how much you're willing to spend. After that poor jab at humor, most will say you can get almost every part there is for an older VR either at Yamaha(stealer), other bike shops, eBay(or on-line), or the family of VentureRiders.:D

Jim,

I am looking at a 83 Venture and am wondering if there is a problem getting parts for it. Does yamaha stock parts for the 1st Gen bikes?

Tony

Well, some.

But, you will find that most of them are horriibly expensive. Not all, but things that you might reasonably need that aren't used by other bikes (ie: Mirrors over $200 EACH).

You will find many people like myself who buy and resell parts from many bikes that have economic reasons why one won't fix them.

I'm currently parting an '84 and an '83 and, with notable exception of certain fairiing parts, have nearly anything you'd need.

Don't hesitate to buy a First Gen due to worries about parts availablility. These bikes (IMHO) will go on forever.

Murph'