IGNORED

Picked up a console from Poledar...

... and need some ideas on what I could do. I believe the console is from an MKII and the Venture Cruise light is in the tach on my installed console.

Why would I want to change tachs? Well, my installed speedo is irrepairable and need to replace it with the one I got from Poledar. The guage colors are different between both consoles (Poledars looks better too). So to match the guages, I would need to replace all the guages.

Now since the Venture Cruise light location will need to be moved, will I need to add that center console (between the handlebars)? Will the current wiring on my 85 work with the center console? I do not even know what is on the center console as lights.

So, what can I do y'all?

Btw, Poledar is a great person to work with. Gotta give him some kuddos as he has been great with me.

Thanks,

Yeah, I bought parts from him as well, and he is a patient and trustworthy individual.

If memory serves, my 87 has 3 lights on the on the center cruise console - power, set and resume, as well as the power switch. I doubt if the same harness would connect right up. I bet you could get away without using any of those lights, but you'd need a power switch.

Jeremy

Hey Rick,

I have a cruse control panel from an 87' VR that is fully functional with a very slight crack where the screw connects the panel to the handle bars that is yours for the postage!

I will need your address to send it on it's way. I have not done the swap you are talking about, but did replace my cruse control unit to spiff up my bike a bit. this CC unit has all of the lights, the power switch as well as the 5 pin female connector! If you can use this part just let me know. Good luck on your project!

Ride Safe,

Earl

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all, If I picked up a '86 or later right handlebar control, do you think it will plug in with the Venture Cruise console ('86+) on my '85?

I have been looking for controls on both sides that have some good lettering on them. I cleaned mine all off, lol.

You need to check with Friesman. He might be parting out his '85. The bottom end of the motor is toast, and will cost more to fix than I think he wants to put into it. He's on the road back home from VWIV with a brief stop over at a wedding. If you email him he's on BlackBerry and will get back to you fairly quickly.