IGNORED

NOT MC related

Black Owl

This is not motorcycle related, but thought I would post it as a friendly reminder that the roads are fully of crazies.

This message was waiting for me when I got home this evening.

SA Don Pettit, was killed this morning in Pembroke Pines , FL. Don, who is a Special Agent with the Customs and Border Protection, was off duty and driving his 12 year old daughter to camp.Preliminary investigation indicates Don became involved in an altercation with another driver. Both cars pulled into a Post Office Parking lot and the other driver pulled a handgun and shot Don in the head. The round entered just above Don's right eye and exited the rear of his head. Don was wearing his CBP badge on his belt and was armed, but is not believed to have drawn his firearm.

Don was pronounced dead about 12:00 noon at Memorial Regional Hospital .

The shooter fled the scene and a massive search is underway. The

shooting is being investigated by the Pembroke Pines , FL Police

Department, the FBI, Customs and Border Protection and FDA Office of Criminal Investigations.

Unfortunately I don't have any additional information about this yet, but I have known Don for a long time. Never knew him to be a hot head or someone that would go out of his way to look for trouble.

Also, lets not turn this into a rant about the right to bear arms.

:mytruck:

talk about a crazy world .... just the other day a guy stabbed to death a "seat mate" on a Greyhound bus up here in Canada ... then he beheaded the guy ... and pranced around inside the bus holding up the head. ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

that is just sick!!! ya just never know what's going on in the mind of that "other guy".

talk about a crazy world .... just the other day a guy stabbed to death a "seat mate" on a Greyhound bus up here in Canada ... then he beheaded the guy ... and pranced around inside the bus holding up the head. ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

that is just sick!!! ya just never know what's going on in the mind of that "other guy".

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH is right - then the newspapers write stuff like - "alleged" murder and "suspected" murderer - after a busload of people saw him - should do the same thing to him - instead he gets psychiatric testing and probably another year for a trial - I repeat - ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry for the loss of your friend Russ. It is sad that this happened I pray for the

family and more so for the daughter. To see her father murdered at any age is traumatic.

Such a waist of a good person and sadness for all conserned................Ron