IGNORED

Also downed but back up

TexasFlyer

Sorry to hear about Boomer going down. Glad to hear he is on the mend.

That was a rough weekend!!! I also am 58 years old, and I also went down July 26th, 2008. And I know why I went down. After about 6 hours in the saddle on the Arkansas and Missouri twisting roads I entered a left decreasing radius turn and instead of looking left - I looked at the side of the road straight ahead of me... and drove straight for it. Just like slow motion. Slid the 83 Venture down into the gravel on it's left side, tore a hole in my left elbow and rolled twice. I missed church the next day, as I got home from the ER about 1 AM. No broken bones, sore neck muscles and 6 staples in the elbow. Back at work Monday. To God be the Glory. The bike is now partially disassembled at my hanger and I am learning how to repair cracked fairings... but no damage to the motor or other hard stuff.

Last point: Because of the crash, I started looking for answers and I found this club. You all are great and I am very pleased to meet you. Our prayers are with you Boomer!

We are glad youre here in theVenturerider board, but especially glad that youre ok after the crash.

I hope you heal quickly and get the pain gone asap. (those pills are too expensive......lol)

brian

Edited by friesman

Welcome Larry,

Jean and I were glad to hear that you are ok after your accident. We also hope that your scoot is not to badly damaged. Please feel free to ask any questions about your VR as you tackle your repairs, the members of this site are the best! Mend quick, It's harder to ride in the snow! :pushups:

Earl and Jean