IGNORED

Cruise control

squeaky912

Check your clutch and brake levers are returning all the way and not hanging up the cut off switch. If they are hanging up you may need to just oil them up a bit or back off the pivot bolt nuts a little. Also if you have leather fringe attached to the levers, the wind could be pulling on them and causing the cut out.

Also make sure that your throttle moves freely. With the bike stopped and off, turn the throttle all the way and let go of it. It should return easily. If it does not, then the cruise control will sense the resistance and disengage, so check out your throttle cable adjuster to make sure that it is not twisted up and bending the cable.

• 1 year later...

This is why I love this website! After doing some routine maintenance this past weekend I found out my cruise no longer worked. Light would come on but the cruise would not engage. I had removed the negative from the battery during maintenance and figured I had popped a fuse when reinstalling it. No, the fuzzes were good. I then searched this website till I came across this thread and saw that the cruise would not work if the brake lever sensor was still engaged. Sure enough I had pulled my rear brake pads, cleaned them, and reinstalled them. Had to pump the rear brake lever a few times to get the mushiness out of em. and the lever must not have returned to were it needed to. Easy fix. Cruise now works fine! If it had not been for this thread, this website. I might of had to taken it to a shop, which I dread. Thanks everyone!!!!