IGNORED

CB -Noise or normal ?

az1103

When I turn on the CB I hear what I would call white noise - a fairly loud hiss - It's level doesn't change with volume or squelch. Is this normal? When I transmit the other side hears a fairly loud humm together with my voice at a very low volume?? is that normal? How much clarity can I expect from this system ?

I have a SWR meter but can't figure out how the wire connects to the antena - I see nothing in the manual?

You have to get under the trunk in the flat, black box. You'll have to have a set of cables like this:

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SIE%2DSWR12

To hook the SWR meter in line with the CB and the antenna.

That being said, the problem you're having doesn't sound like it's SWR related. Is this something that has just started? Have you used the CB before? Are you sure the antennas are installed on the correct sides (the one with the black "Load" in the center should be on the left).

You've got a 5 year warranty, let the dealer take a look.

First thing I would check is to make sure the CB is hooked up to the CB antenna. The CB antenna should be on the left side with the cable going to the box under the trunk. The radio antenna is on the right side and the cable goes under the passenger seat. This is a condition that seems to be getting more and more common.

Your problem is not normal. These CBs are very clear. I have often been told by Frigidaire riders that mine sounded sooo much better than any of the wings in the group.

Your bike has a warranty - have them fix it instead of messing with it yourself. Just my :2cents:

Goose