IGNORED

WORKDAY for PIP cooker

Grandpagak

we had a workday to build a new and improved hog cooker... the old bird knew what he had in mind when we started, and put his plan in action.. we (russ)went to work and did his stuff.. see him weld?? see us work??

well, you might wonder what i did???

well someone had to run the camera !!!

Like my real life, it sure looks a lot better in the light of day. :rotfl:

Gary, I also have that set of handlebars we talked about yesterday if you want to use them? :duck:

Also thought of a modification we could make to the cooker that might make it a bit easier for the "cook(s)".

:15_8_211[1]:

Two or three things Mr Owl. In addition to the handles, most pro cookers have the lid counter weighted so it is easy to lift. Typically they just have what looks like handles off the back of the lid and some heavy steel welded to the ends.

Second, once you get it done she needs to burn hot hot hot for a few hours to burn off any and all crud that may have been on or in it in the past.

Are we going to make a rotisserie or just cook on grates?

In addition to the handles, most pro cookers have the lid counter weighted so it is easy to lift.

A. Come on Wil. This ain't your first rodeo. Did we ever do anything that even remotely resembled something "professional"? :rotfl:Actually, the lid is not all that heavy. And Gary and I figure we can con some young buck into doing the heavy lifting....:duck:

Second, once you get it done she needs to burn hot hot hot for a few hours to burn off any and all crud that may have been on or in it in the past.

A: Gary has already got that covered. And what we don't burn out we will just paint over....

Are we going to make a rotisserie or just cook on grates?

A: No rotisserie. Going to cook it in a roasting basket which can be rotated if the cook feels that would be necessary.

:15_8_211[1]:

Just one or two observations.

1- Ain't Russ just precious in his little jump suit...

2- Gary looks dapper running that grinder....

The counter weight can be made to slip on and off the lid so you don't add

more permanent weight to the cooker so it's lighter when you need to move it.

Good job guys that's a real good looking roaster......................Ron

1 The counter weight can be made to slip on and off the lid so you don't add more permanent weight to the cooker so it's lighter when you need to move it....................Ron

Believe me Ron, there ain't nothing light about the cooker. I got a real close and personal verification of that when Gary dropped the lid on my foot. :crying:

Gary made a wise decision when he decided to put a set of wheels on the unit.

Good work you two, Russell, you actually look like you knew what you were doing there...whodathunktit

:confused24:

That should be a great cooker and I know the pig will be good :thumbsup2:

Eck.....That is a pretty trick looking helmet, made by Jackson :)