Guest PhilCrudo

Mine is lowered and would not have it any other way. Handles much better at low speed. No effect at high speed either. Also my seat is cut out and a jel pack added.

yep, I agree with you Phil, mine is lowered both front and back and wouldn't have it any other way. Handling is vastly improved especially at slower speeds and coming to a stop, doesn't feel as top heavy and actually comes up on center much easier. No way I'd change back.

Tell me about the front. Easy hard and maybe time to do it. Also kick stand rework or is it OK the way it is.

Here is a thread on lowering the front:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=939&highlight=lower+front

I thought it was easy enough and helped me a lot. It the bike really fits me now without doing the back and its free!

Jerry

• 11 months later...
Guest Rogerover

Hello - After 20 years of being away from riding, I bought a 2005 RSTD last year. Great

bike - only a couple of small flaws. I'm in the process of tweeking it to fit me now. I have been reading about lowering the front end by moving the forks in the triple tree - looks pretty simple. Plan on doing it before the snow melts.

I have seen several threads about lowering or raising the back end. Are the leveling links

used to lower or raise the back end? I also saw a Barons lowering kit. Are these the same

things? Why raise the back?

Question 2 from the "new guy" - does anyone know how I can mount a set of Venture handlebars on my RSTD? I like the hand position of the Venture bars much better,

but that goofy speedometer is too wide to fit venture bars. I looked at several web sites

that carry handlebars, but I can't seem to find something close.

Probably be asking a lot more questions in the near future. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...