IGNORED

They have arrived............

DragonRider

I have a question that might sound stupid but I am going to ask any way. Does switching the tires to the avons really make that much of a diffrence and if so what? I know on cars I have always liked michellens the best because they last for ever and are great tires, has anyone tried there bike tires and if so are they any good? Sorry seen the post and the question popped in my head.

You bet it makes a difference, I had Dunlop 404's on my 1st Gen, and they only lasted 7000 miles, and put the Venom X on it and Holy Cow Batman, it handled like a sport bike after that, and they have over 11,000 miles on them and still going strong, now the new set is going on my 1300 V Star, it has Dunlops also from the factory and the rear is bald at 7500 miles................more to come after the installation........:banana::banana:

I have a question that might sound stupid but I am going to ask any way. Does switching the tires to the avons really make that much of a diffrence and if so what? I know on cars I have always liked michellens the best because they last for ever and are great tires, has anyone tried there bike tires and if so are they any good? Sorry seen the post and the question popped in my head.

A lot of us have had very good luck with the Avon Venoms. I personally have had 5 sets on 6 different bikes, 2 1st gens and 2 second gens, for me they did give my G2's a very neutral steering feeling thatI didn't feel with other tires. Therr has been a few issues of folks with 1st gens that ride solo having a squirrley feeling from the rear of the bikes. I encountered this when I did Muffinmans bike. When there was a passenger on the back it didn't happen.

I have also used the Michelin Commanders, on both 1st and 2nd gens with good results. I have a set on my '86 right now and I'm pleased with their feel. Both tires are very good quality wise and either would work out fine for either Generation of Venture :thumbsup2:

I haven't heard anything bad about Michelins... IMO The smaller front tire does improve slow speed handling but I think you lose a little stability running agressively through sweepers... It doesn't hold a line as well as the stock size and requires more adjusting... I never had a problem with the slow speed handling of the stock size and I ride fairly aggressively... I like the Dunlop 404s better than the Avons and got better mileage from them.. I won't be buying Avons again...

Happy trails

i have run the avons, dunlops,brickstones, and metzlers.

in my opinion::

brigstones, poor 4k

metzlers, good 8k

dunlops, better 10k

avons, very poor 2k

michelins, very good 15k

i don't run the tires to the limits, i change them when they start to look questionable.

they are the only thing between you and the ditch.

i am an agressive rider, i use all of the tire. i have michelins on all my bikes, cars and trucks. they last the longest and hold the road best for me.

mike

Yes, 2300 miles and the center of the rear tire was junk and blew out on my way back from a trip to the dragon.

They were new tires when the trip began, and a near death experience on the way home, 5 days later.

They felt greasy from day 1 and never changed, and yes maybe i got a bad batch, and i know several others that tell me they are the best that they have had......... But.... Not for me thanks.

Mike