IGNORED

Home Made 1st Gen Top-cover Bag v2.1

Kandaje

Greetings...

Was puttering around the yard sales today...

Found this:

A Victorinox small-pack- the company that makes the original Swiss army knives. - so you KNOW it's quality!!

Heavy nylon construction, waterproof, excellent zippers...

The Bag - $.99 - at our local Pussy-Cat Salvage Store - a local "thrift-store" that devotes the procedes to 'rescuing' cats...

Terry (excellent saleman who also rides! Willing to search the entire store!) at REI provided me with 2 sets of $.80 clips (2 ea) that fit the straps perfectly - 2 at the top, and 2 at the sides.

A few minutes installing the clips - which fit under the top-cover and hold the bag perfectly - Total cost: $2.60 + Governor's cut. We'll call it $3.00 even...

Big enough to hold the 9mm, ammo, camera, the mail, Jacket, gloves, and other assorted goodies found in my pockets- and a bottle of water in the expanding side pouch.

No more Velcro coming unglued in the extreme heat -positive hooking, easily removed and installed without taking off the top-cover...

Took the Tersiphone up to 100 mph to test for function - lost my cigarrette but not my new bag!!

Thats very similar to how the Ventureline bags they made for the 1st gens back in the day were attached. You should get as many of them as you can find and sell them as a set. I know there would be a lot of 1st genners that would probably like to have something like that on their scoots

:happy34:

Greetings...

I'm keeping my eyes open for some flatter wider clips - I may just have to make them. The ones I found, while nice and heavy are a bit too skinny. They tend to want to slide around the corner at the top of the cover - So I clipped them to the grills instead...

I didn't have the heart to cut the straps on the bag - But the back of the bag has a pouch on the back, and holes down at the bottom to stuff in all the extra strap.

I've been trying to find the bag online - just interested in seeing what it costs new - Because this thing looks new! When the crazy-cat-lady told me just 99 cents - I just smiled and gripped it a bit tighter. Funny - she had an insulated wine bottle/picknik bag too - complete with plastic wine glasses and flatware - but it was the wrong color.(light blue) hehehe - I'll probably go back and get it anyway - I mean how often do you find an insulated wine bottle backpack? - I've never seen one before! She wanted 5 bucks for it! LOL!!

If I can find a source for some flatter wider clips that fit the straps - I'll definately post it!!

EDIT: - Found the pack and a review:

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2004/07/victorinox_mini.html

Edited by Kandaje