IGNORED

Help, it's an easy one, PLEASE!

Don't know why mine are being so difficult right now, but I'm trying to take off the sidebags from an 84. I can't remember if you pull out then forward, forward then out, out then back, or back and out. They seem to be extremely tight for some reason and my frustration is about to break something. And YES, I already unlocked them, that's about the only thing that has worked right lately.

btw, the trunk came right off...

Someone's gotta know how to do this right???

Todd

Have you tried the lock on the front of the bag also, not just the top lock>?

The locks on the front of the bags hold them in place, can be very stiff if not used & lubed.

If the locks will not rotate, you can open the bag & remove the 2 screws that fasten the lock to each bag, then side the bag to the back for removal. If you need to do this, service the locks, so they will function........

The bags do get a little sticky from time to time.... the locks too. Just make sure the lock bolt is retracted completely into the lock housing and the give the bag a good rap with your hand toward the rear. The saddlebag lugs should move back to the circular part of the keyway in the mounting plate.

Thank you everyone.

The locks turned real easy, I just couldn't get the bags to slide front or back and I couldn't remember which direction anyway. I had to pound them a few time before they would slide back at all, but once they did they popped right off.

I can't believe how dirty it was behind there, probably why they wouldn't slide. I will have to take them off more often I guess.

Oh well, time to ride (dry it off).

Thanks again,

Todd

Thank you everyone.

The locks turned real easy, I just couldn't get the bags to slide front or back and I couldn't remember which direction anyway. I had to pound them a few time before they would slide back at all, but once they did they popped right off.

I can't believe how dirty it was behind there, probably why they wouldn't slide. I will have to take them off more often I guess.

Oh well, time to ride (dry it off).

Thanks again,

Todd

After you do the house cleaning, but before you put the bags back on, coat the contact areas with lemon fresh pledge, or dry slide if you happen to have any. WD-40 will leave a film that attracts dirt over time.

Since you guys are talking about it, somehow a tip came off of one of my bags upper pins that go into the slider. Can you get replacements? Been too lazy to check Flatout for a new one.

Dan

Since you guys are talking about it, somehow a tip came off of one of my bags upper pins that go into the slider. Can you get replacements? Been too lazy to check Flatout for a new one.

Dan

I just went out and pulled one off a scrap bag Dan. Pretty easy....4 crown nuts and a little coaxing. I'll mail it out tommorow morning if you haven't had a better offer... :). LMK.....

I just went out and pulled one off a scrap bag Dan. Pretty easy....4 crown nuts and a little coaxing. I'll mail it out tommorow morning if you haven't had a better offer... :). LMK.....

just PM'd you, Jack

dan you are never lazy.....lol......between working and working on the bike i would guess that you were lazy.

Dan