IGNORED

Leveling Links Question

I believe they are talking about parts 10, and 11 in the attached picture off Yamaha's web site. These are the parts that transfer the torque to the rear wheel from the rear drive gear. Parts 10 and 11 need to be cleaned and greased everytime you replace the rear wheel (there are six of each).

Thanks, but since I don't plan to take the wheel off to put the leveling links on then I am OK then. I had the dealer grease these when I had my tire replaced 1500 miles ago so I should be good to go.:2132:

Went to church tonight and the pastor had a good sermon about facing your fears. So I got home changed closes and figured that I would do a couple of things to the bike. I have been having a little vibration in the front end and after reading some of the posts here I figured I needed to tighten the steering head bolts. When I lifted the front wheel off the ground the wheel turns all the way to the left all by itself. The hardest thing about this job was loosening the top nut. Pliers would not fit, adjustable wrench would not fit but I did find out that a 1 1/16" open end would do the job. Finished that job pretty quick and fingured that the Good Lord was with me and I should have no porblem putting the leveling links on all by myself. Well, got the bolts loose, took the nuts off and figured that I would take the bottom bolt out first--everything was going great until the bottom bolt would not clear the Carbon One lift adapter that I was using. No matter what I did the bolt hit the adapter.. Well long story short---I put everything back together and figured that the Good Lord wanted me to wait until Boomer comes over on Saturday to do this job. If I am doing something wrong please let me know. I have used the adapter several times and have no problems getting the bike balanced and in the air but never noticed how it blocked the link bolts.:confused07:

DAVE,....hold up on this until I can help you Saturday. We'll explore it together my friend....I didn't use my Carbon Lift anyway. Just the motorcycle jack.

You can take mine for a spin around the lake and see if you can tell a difference prior to the install if you like. :happy34:

DAVE,....hold up on this until I can help you Saturday. We'll explore it together my friend....I didn't use my Carbon Lift anyway. Just the motorcycle jack.

You can take mine for a spin around the lake and see if you can tell a difference prior to the install if you like. :happy34:

Thanks may take you up on the test ride. See you tomorrow.:2132:

Had a great ride with the Southern Cruiser today and there were 5 Royal Star Venture in the crowd. I want to let everybody know that Boomer came to the house today and within 15 minutes we had the leveling links on the bike and were on the rode again. You could not ask for better people than the ones on this site. Boomer and I had never met before today, other that on this site, and he went out of his way to help. Thanks BOOMER, brother, you are in my prayers. :900[1]: :2132:

Had a great ride with the Southern Cruiser today and there were 5 Royal Star Venture in the crowd. I want to let everybody know that Boomer came to the house today and within 15 minutes we had the leveling links on the bike and were on the rode again. You could not ask for better people than the ones on this site. Boomer and I had never met before today, other that on this site, and he went out of his way to help. Thanks BOOMER, brother, you are in my prayers. :900[1]: :2132:

You're quite welcome Brother...anytime! And thanks for the prayers. I need 'em right now.

So, what was up with the Carbon one lift adapter? Were you able to do the job with the lift adapter on or did you have to do it with only the lift?

No, you won't need your Carbon_One adapter. I suggest you simply use your bike lift and get the back wheel off the ground about an inch. There is nothing wrong with the adapter, it simply just gets in the way of the install.

Good luck....Double D and I had it done in about 15 mins.:080402gudl_prv: