IGNORED

What travel mug?

Mariner Fan

Well I'm in need of a travel mug for my morning coffee fix. Went on a search on the internet and didn't really see much.

Here are the two I ordered for comparison.

OXO - usually has good stuff. Doesn't have a handle so I figure the wife can use it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-LiquiSeal-Travel/dp/B0011SBHV6/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4]Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal Travel Mug - Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Nissan - Looks pretty good but I'll need to try it out before I'm sold.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Leak-Proof-Travel-Mug/dp/B000FDP13I/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1]Amazon.com: Thermos Nissan 14-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug, Smoke Color: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

As you can see, I want stainless steel and leak proof.

Any other ideas?

The OXO Stainless Steel travel mug is vacuum insulated. I have one and it is NICE. Stays nice and warm for quite a while. DO NOT buy the painted versions as they are NOT vacuum insulated!!!!!!!!!!!

Look in your local area to save on shipping. IIRC I have found them in Marshal's type stores and in Bed, Bath and Beyond type stores.......

I cannot commet on the Nissan product as I don't have any experience with them. Their website is HERE

Get the OXO mug, it works great. It wont spill all over your tank (and you) because of its design. Riderduke turned me onto this mug and it has been great. You can get a stainless version at bed, bath, and beyong for about $20.

I got my current one (plastic) at Lowes for $5 and have seen a 2 pack at Walmart fo $10. I use a cruset caddy cup holder that works well, but several people use a bicycle water bottle holder and mount it to the brake master cylinder. I haven't tried this yet, but amd planning on it soon.

Edited by nkbjones
Can't type tonight