IGNORED

Lost a tree

juggler

Storms blew through the Twin Cities today. No real major damage but it did take out a tree in our back yard. It landed up against a pine tree and power pole, but missed the house and my new fence (so far).

The power company said they will come out sometime next week. Worthless deadbeats.

The full story is the tree spit down the trunk vertically and we noticed it a few weeks ago. I took down one half (half not near the power lines) and that stabilized it a bit. It had been widening the split in minor breezes. We called a tree service to remove the rest of the tree and they said they couldn't do anything until the power company came out and trimmed it back from the power lines. Well, the power company never showed up and today the storm did show up. Now they still won't show up for a week. Like I said worthless deadbeats.

I know what you mean when we lived in Portsmouth VA we had a power outage. Seems a big limb came down and power was out for a long time due to the fact that the power company and the city couldn't come to a decision on who was to cut the branch up. Took a few hours for them to figure it out.

Glad the tree didn't hit anything important.

Margaret

Wil,

Yeah them storms make it here about 10 minutes ago, pretty nasty and I saw some roof shingles blow off the neighbors room.

We actually had some that were worse on Monday night, trees down and limbs all over the place. Actually blew three utility poles over just from the wind, nothing hit them.

Been a pretty wild summer here.

Jerry

Guest tessa c2

we also had a stormy week here, in out area we had 4 different hail storms go through, figured the one had stretched out for about 100 miles and was about 10 miles wide, looked like you had taken a ditch mower and mowed everything to about 1/2 inch above the ground. sure to bad about your tree there juggler, guess you will have to put another row of fence ontop of your newly built fence ( for your neighbour thing) hate to see you having night mares:stickpoke:

Well I got the tree cut down off the tree it was leaning on. It turns out that it just missed the power lines and power pole. Now I have a huge pile or tree branches and logs. I'll think about renting a chipper next weekend and a bigger chain saw to cut of the trunk into firewood.

Greetings...

Well I got the tree cut down off the tree it was leaning on. It turns out that it just missed the power lines and power pole. Now I have a huge pile or tree branches and logs. I'll think about renting a chipper next weekend and a bigger chain saw to cut of the trunk into firewood.

Nah - Just get (or make) a wood-stove and save yourself some heating cost next winter! LOL!! If Ben Franklin could do it in the 18th century without renting a welding equipment rig for a day, - certainly YOU can here in the 21st!!!

Heck, a simple small, metal box and a fan to circulate the air - a stove pipe and you can heat the entire house a full winter on that one tree!! Ask me how I know!! Hehehehehe....

:250:

- :snow: