IGNORED

these V4 makes a great water pump

these V4 makes a great water pump , i can pump out my rad. in 8 miles rite out the ex. pipe :bawling:also it is very hard to remove a motor from from the parts bike with the wheels off [ front headers ] , i have pulled the motor mounts , drive shaft , all the wires and cables , carbs , do i have to pull the U joint ? doe's it slide out the rite side ? how come nobody said how heavy these V4s are ? it weighs more than a V8 !!!

will maybe i can get the left header off tonite :bang head: , when i pull the bad motor out , the wheels are staying on !!

do i have to pull the U joint ? doe's it slide out the rite side ?

No and yes sort of.

No the U joint does not have to come out, and yes it slides out the right side after you pick it up high enough to clear the tabs (motor mount) where the motor bolts go through.

It is not an easy job as there is little room to lift and pull out the right side. I pulled the rear valve cover and that gave you a little extra room.

Have fun

PS That little V4 is heavy

BRad

thanks Brad , i think i'll remove the rear v cover and use a jack . Randy , i don't know but it was running so good than i hit 7000 rpm than came to a stop and a whole lot of steam came out of the rite side ex. this old motor has had a ruff life and the p/o was not a nice person but with allmost a 140,000 miles on her it's time to retire it , i have a parts bike with 50,000 on it , if i can keep it running for another 90,000 miles i'll be happy !

Dan i wish you were here to ! than we could both complane about sore backs , these V4s are heavy ! but with a hosit and the m/c jack i should get it done .

Thom