IGNORED

Black tar looking stuff?????

Guest FreeMasonRC S.FL

Guest FreeMasonRC S.FL

I happen to look under the trailer this afternoon, after making a pretty long trip today. Is all that Black stuff, grease, for the berrings?. the trailer rolls quitely, no grind what so ever. how soon, should the alex be redone?

We're pulling it to the Leesburg rally in two weeks and want to have it ready.:confused24:

Are you sure you didn't run through something? Road tar, etc? I don't know how much grease you are seeing but those little bearings only hold so much. Of course....it can look like a LOT when thrown out. I really don't know how to answer your question without seeing it. If it really is grease from the bearings though, I wouldn't try to use it until I got it repaired.

If the bearings are throwing out the grease then you'll need new seals. Or if you've recently packed the bearings with grease and gotten to much in there then it's possible that after heating up the grease is expanding and being pushed out past the seals.

No matter you do need to looking into why it's happening. You don't need a failure while on a trip

Larry

If it's grease check the seals . I just received my torsion axles and hub assemblies . I started to mount the hub assembly and noticed that the seals in the hub had a gap between them and spindle , meaning the wrong seals . I ordered the entire parts from Northern Tool , telling them to make sure all components work with each other . Go figures , they screwed up ! But seals are cheap in price , so I will replace them rather than send the items back .

Gene

Guest FreeMasonRC S.FL

Turns out this type of hub, lets the grease come out little holes when the grease breaks down. the owners manual says to add 1 to 3 oz. of grease to the hub every 1000 miles. in the mean time, my rims look like S#@*

Gent's thanks much for the help.

Mike