IGNORED

Throttle cables

jdsauter

I think you have to take the left side off so that you can get to that little black plastic piece that sides up side the frame, This piece is where all the cables go too, from the throttle and back then to the Carbs and back.

It's a bit of a pain

BRad

JD,

The whole left side (radio and inner cover) will have to come off before you can get to the junction block that connects the cables from the throttle and cruise control to the carbs. If you don't have a service manual, pay close attention to how the cables go into this junction so you can put it back together, because it's not that intuitive. I'm guessing you just have to replace the short cable to the juction to the pull (acceleration) side of the carbs.

Good luck,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest byekryam

I have an 87 and the machanic took the bike apart to do some work and the cables are shot. He tried getting new ones but said they were no longer in existence. These are special cables because they go through the cruise control. My question is: Is there somewhere where I can get new cables? Does anyone have decent cables from a parts bike? Where do I get a parts/maintenence/ diagraphm book to trouble shoot the cruise control if not working correctly? Does anyone have a working cruise control from a parts bike?

Thanks Woody

Email to byekryam@aol.com

Guest Swifty

I just ordered the expensive carb cable with the adjuster nut, no problem getting it in Canada. I can't explain why they wouldn't be available in the USA...I'd think they'd be selling lots still.