IGNORED

87' royale luggage rack / antenna

Looking to add a rack to my trunk what years will fit..how about Honda, H.D., etc.will any others work? Been watching Ebay... any other rack vendors?

I have a broken antenna so how about the Marshall Mod , I have read about it , will it give better FM/ CB reception? Not really worried about transmitting as would rather listen. Will the thin Harley style whips , from the ultra classic, work with this set up?

Looking to add a rack to my trunk what years will fit..how about Honda, H.D., etc.will any others work? Been watching Ebay... any other rack vendors?

JC Whitney has racks for Gold Wings and Harleys that fit the Yamaha trunk to a "T"....I bought one for my Yamaha years ago and one would be hard pressed to notice it as not an original....JCW is a lot cheaper than most others..

JC Whitney has racks for Gold Wings and Harleys that fit the Yamaha trunk to a "T"....I bought one for my Yamaha years ago and one would be hard pressed to notice it as not an original....JCW is a lot cheaper than most others..

Thanks for the info. but you may want to visit my latest post in the " Watering Hole"

Crashed my 87' this afternoon !!

Regards Dave

Along with all the other members I wish you well also...It looks like you've got plenty of good advise and offers for parts to replace the damaged ones...

Let us know if you're in "good hands" with Allstate...

Along with all the other members I wish you well also...It looks like you've got plenty of good advise and offers for parts to replace the damaged ones...

Let us know if you're in "good hands" with Allstate...

I am in good hands with State Farm...I am depending on Allstate as her provider to put their healing hands around my bike..

I am in good hands with State Farm...I am depending on Allstate as her provider to put their healing hands around my bike..

My insurance situation is just the opposite. I have Allstate and the woman that knocked my bike over has State Farm. I am finally talking to them and they want me to put an estimate together.

RandyA

My insurance situation is just the opposite. I have Allstate and the woman that knocked my bike over has State Farm. I am finally talking to them and they want me to put an estimate together.

RandyA

I just started pricing my damage with the help of member Skydoc_17 who was kind enough to drive over and take some photos and lend me another pair of eyes.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx is the site I used to get an overview of my 87' Royale. I am up to about $ 4755.70 before looking behind the exterior broken plastic and bent metal. Most Ins. adjusters are just not fun to deal with.

Good luck!

Dave

Hi Dave.

I have an original 1984 Venture Royal trunk rack that I'd be willing to swap for parts if your interested. It's in okay condition, but could do with being re-chromed. I'm in the process of rebuilding a parts bike up and need a good windscreen, left plastic 26H-2835J-01-EM BODY, FRONT LOWER 1 with grill etc. If you have some spare parts and your interested in doing a swap just let me know?