IGNORED

doug kalitta dead

Snarley Bill

anyone who is a dragracing fan that has'nt heard doug kalitta was killed saturday in a funny car crash. i think he was 46 and had a wife and two kids. i remember seeing his dad and don garlits at alton dragway back in the 60's. this was a real shock.he switched from fuel dragsters to funny cars recently and was driving a toyota. bill

I think it was Scott Kalitta who was killed, saw a vid of the wreck and it was terrible. A guy I work withs father was at the track and saw the whole thing. He thinks he was knocked out when the blower blew so hopefully he didn't suffer. May he rest in peace.

That was terrible. But when you're doing 300 MPH and things go wrong, your options aren't much. One announcer had made a statement he had retired twice, but loved it too much to stay out of it. It's a terrible tragedy.

Yeah, bummer, at 300 MPH a lot of things can go wrong and do. There have been several accidents in recent years, some survive some don't.

Yeah Bill I've seen Connie race many times back in the 60's but I was just a little kid back then.:whistling:

Jerry

The sand pit at that track is way too small for the speeds that are reached in todays machines.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I__YaTWXU1w

Englishtown and other tracks that have short run off area's are going to have to rebuild or reconfigure to handle 330 mph runs.The only current track that can handle these speeds is Brainerd..IMHO