IGNORED

Has it ever been done?

Dragonslayer

I'm trying to get a non running 84VR from PA to GA. What I really would like to do is ride my 87 VR :7_6_3[1]:up there via Blue Ridge Pkwy/Skyline Drive towing a trailer that I can load 84 VR on and tow back via interstate.:motor::7_6_3[1]:

Is it possible to come up with some trailer configuration considering weight/load distribution to safely tow one VR with another one?

Does anyone have any experience doing this, is it possible. Does anyone have any advice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flb_78 viewpost.gif

Next they'll tell ya you can't tow a car with a Goldwing.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=AuL7cOO6EfY]YouTube - Japanese Tow Trucks[/ame]

I Love It. If that is possible I believe towing a VR with a VR is possible given the right combination of engineering, physics,mo%20money.gif and creative thinking to design the right suspension and trailer combination. I may not attempt it on this trip but I believe my next venture idea has been hatched. Just think of the possibilities.

Harley Davidson

Roadside Assistance Vehicle

powered by

Yamaha

To all you naysayers, :whistling:Just you wait and see:dancefool::banana::rotfl::cool10:

Any of you with vision and Venture Capitolmo%20money.gif, Want to talk about a joint venture.

It has always been my understanding that you should not exceed 50% of your bikes weight with what you are towing. I tow a Travel Lite camper that weighs about 370 pounds, but close to 450 pounds with all the stuff we put in it to go camping. I can really tell a big difference between the 370 pounds and the 450 pounds. You would be towing a 1,000 plus pounds with an 800 pound bike.

RandyA

It has always been my understanding that you should not exceed 50% of your bikes weight with what you are towing. I tow a Travel Lite camper that weighs about 370 pounds, but close to 450 pounds with all the stuff we put in it to go camping. I can really tell a big difference between the 370 pounds and the 450 pounds. You would be towing a 1,000 plus pounds with an 800 pound bike.

RandyA

Kinda like the tail wagging the dog.....

General Concensus of opinion believes I would be crazy to attempt such a feat of madness. I quess I knew the answer to this all along and I'm not going to attempt to do it. I just thought it would be neat if I could do this trip that way. Time to consider other options.

Thanks for the input.