IGNORED

06 yamaha MIDNIGHT RSV 1300 killswitch popping 10amp ignition fuse

How's it going, I'm new to the forum, and also the proud owner of a 06 midnight venture, 34k miles, was recently dumped, at very low speed, nothing was broken, some scratches on fairing and Crack on lower R.side fairing, aside from that it was beautiful, and ran just the same, so I bought it from a friend and was told still ran just fine, I got there put the key in, turned it on, turned the killswitch to the run position, and immediately blows the 10amp ignition fuse, changed the fuse and same thing, so opened up the switch housing and started unwrapping wiring harness, and found the KS wires, just those 2 were melted together for about 18" and that was it, can't find any other wires in the fairing, under tank and seat all the way to battery, and nothing looks bad or burnt, I'm just stumped, is there  way to bypass the switch, both key and killswitch and if so how do I do it, I need to ride my new bike guys, any help on the topic would be so greatly appreciated,  thanks

https://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09 Yamaha Royal Star Venture Wiring Diagram Rev B.pdf

Maybe the schematic link above will help you trace the circuits so you can narrow down as to were to look for a definite short between power and ground. It would appear when the bike fell over some wires got pinched so look in ares of physical damage for chaffed or pinched wires.

Edited by saddlebum

Thanks for the help, as far as pinched wires I've pretty much unwrapped all the harness, and still no wires I can find, but I'm about to really get into it today so I'll get back to you and let you what I find, thanks for the quick reply, appreciate the help