IGNORED

84 Stuck in 2nd gear!

FROG MAN

I'm glad I have a strong second gear. Thats about all I get to use down here.Hwy 12 is the only hwy on Hatteras Island and one of the most heavly patroled roads I've been on.No such thing as a little test run here. The speed limit is 35 mph through most towns with some 25 mph limits. A few stretches between towns are 45-55mph and not 56mph. It was fun ridng after dark last night. Some body got pulled over right beside of me. The instrument lights have a bad connection in the dash and my speedometer light kept going off so hard to see the guages. This is the only place I have ever got 44 mpg on the Red Baron. It would be nice to out run the mosquitoes. For now it's practice chuging through town like the harleys do.Not cool getting passed by a moped.

I feel your pain, Frog. Several towns we went through on the way to and from Dons house were like that. But we made up for that in between!!!!

Oh, by the way, it's fun being behind a group of about 15 Hardly riders doin' 55 down an empty stretch of road, and the NAVIGATOR tells ya' she's tired of listening to them!!!! Gave me free reign to try out a full throttle twist in 5th gear at 3500 rpm, passed all of 'em and continued our trip in the quietness of an afternoon breeze!! (He**, we only reached 85 by the time we got to the leader!!)

Dan