IGNORED

Back from our first long trip

stvmaier

Hey everyone, Well...the trip went as planned. Left kankakee illinois on sunday morning. Had a wonderful ride down to Batesville Miss. Shortly after we stopped, a torrential storm rolled through( couldn't see across the parking lot!). By Monday morning it was clear and sunny.....sooo...off we went. Stopped by Biloxi Miss. found the Air Force Base & apartment that we lived in during avionics school(not as nice now!) then visited a friend we haven't seen in 18 years!!!left the next morning,on our way to Pensicola beach and Gulf Breeze... we met up with Glen, a member on this board who gave us valuable local info as well as general good stories of travels and experiences. A very nice guy!! Glad we got to meet up with Glen!!!Stopped for the night in clearview Florida. Next day made it to Columbia South Carolina(hot as he..) 99 deg heat index at 5:00pm!! almost melted! Thursday was the BEST ride of the trip....North Carolina,Virginia & stopping to visit more military friends in Beckley Wesy Virginia...BEAUTIFUL scenery, absolutely breath-taking!!!Stayed there all day Friday. Left Beckly West Virginia on Saturday morning, came up on the south side of Indianapolis just AFTER the storm hit. I65 & rt 31 were closed due to flooding!! Had to re-route over to I74 And catch I65 in Indy. Took us 12 hours to get home Saturday...but we made it safe & sound. Thought you'd all like to know. We had a great time ...the bike was awsome(except for my tailbone) and the wife has already started planning next year's trip!!!! Thanks again to Glenn for the "tunnel info" and the Cokes!!:clap2:

Glad you made it home all right. It was great to meet you in Mobile. Wish my wife would go on a trip like you took. Hope to see you again one day, who knows I may one day see you in Ill.

tew47

Gene Weir