I am looking for a drivers backrest for my 89 VR. I have found 2 on ebay for 83-85. Will they fit or am I looking for a completely different animal? Hate to bid only to find out it won't fit! Maybe someone has one they want to sell? Thanks.

I am looking for a drivers backrest for my 89 VR. I have found 2 on ebay for 83-85. Will they fit or am I looking for a completely different animal? Hate to bid only to find out it won't fit! Maybe someone has one they want to sell? Thanks.

I believe the backrest itself is the same but the mounting brackets are different. You can't mount the early brackets onto the later first gens.

Dick

If you are looking at the Ventureline backrest, yes the backrest will fit, but mounting brackets are different for the MKI and the MKII. When I bought my 93 it alreaady had the MKII brkts installed, but no backrest. I bought a MKI backrest and gave the MKI brkts to a member. Worked out fine.

DJ