IGNORED

Front brake problem

Hey fellas, HELP!!!

A ugly situation reared its head for me! I changed my tires and checked my brakes for wear and the pads were still good at 35K miles. The only thing I did was to separate the front right caliper piston by hand a little to put it on the rotor. When I took it for a test ride, the front brake lever pulled to the grip and I had no front brakes! After 1-2 pumps of the lever, I had full braking power. It happened almost every time I used the lever. The rear brakes are fine thank God. After returning home, I bled the front brakes. I took the Venture out again, and still the same problem.

Any suggestions on what anyone thinks may be the problem?  I'm thinking about buying a rebuild kit for each front caliper and rebuilding them. Can anyone  suggest a inexpensive, reliable parts store for my Venture besides the dealership that, from what I can see, only has individual parts and cost $$$ for the few pieces I need for the rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've tried tapping on the bajo bolts / joints while bleeding the system. still the same problem. I ordered a front master cylinder and hope that the replacement does the job. Since I've had the cycle, I would sometimes get a code 51. According to the service manual, it indicates that the ABS is getting too high of a voltage from the electrical system. If this doesn't work, to the shop it goes. My problem with that is the tech I trusted at the shop to go to was hospitalized and now isn't returning. Any suggestions on what shop I could trust for us living in SE Wisconsin?