IGNORED

Yamaha Xvz1200 Carb Needle Set

Hey woz.

Get ahold of RickH at Buckeye. He's got access to them. I just rebuilt the carbs on my '84 and got all my parts from him. Had to order some in and he might have some in stock now. Invoice is in the shop but I think they were about $38.00 each for the needle and seat set.

If you're thinking of replacing the seats, do a lot of research and ask questions before you attempt it. You will need more than the needle and seat set. You need the net filters, the o-rings and plugs for the top of the carb body and the tools to drill and blind tap a 4mm thread into the hole so you can pry out the plug. It's a project and a half to do the seats believe me. I've talked to guys with bikes over 140,00 miles and have yet to talk to one that has replaced a seat.

So with that said the needles are the weak link here. The tips are vitron I believe and they wear out long before the seat. Clean the seat with a solvent on a Q-tip, not a caustic carb cleaner and drop in a needle and it will be fine. Like I said, I just finished my '84 tonight and it's running again.

RickH is at www.Buckeyeperformance.com Tell him Snaggletooth sent ya. He will remember me for sure. Tell him you are a member here.

My advice on parts: The bare minimum.

Bowl o-rings

Diaphragm o-rings

Needle assmembies

And then you learn how to adjust the bowl fuel level!

Have fun and good luck. Feel free to yell if you have any questions.

Mike :080402gudl_prv:

• 4 years later...