IGNORED

Radiator Problem's...

Jerrod R

What's up everybody.. so I was replacing the Starter on my 84 and while removing some Radiator Plumbing the metal Tube on the bottom of my Radiator just drops right out when I tried to remove the hose running to it. Apparently there was nothing holding it in, how it was Sealing is beyond me. Now the Tube won't go back in it's hole and I'm stuck. Any ideas are welcome.

If it is one of the two tubes at the bottom of the rad. They are soldered in. You will have to remove the rad and unless you are really good at soldering ( rads can be tricky since not enough heat will give a poor joint and too much can cause other areas to de-solder ), you will have to take it to rad shop to repair. Other option is to find another rad.

Edited by saddlebum

I see you're listed as living in Marion.   I live maybe 20 miles East of ya.   As it happens, I am pretty good at soldering, which I often have to do as part of my job.  I work in Marion from time to time, (was there yesterday) and would be happy to give it a shot if we can arrange to get it to me, or perhaps the next time I'm over that-a-way I can swing by and take care of it.   I'm guessing it'd be a brass to brass joint / connection....???

• Like 1