IGNORED

Cheap Parts

MAINEAC

I have been using So. Seattle for parts cuz they were the cheapest... But my last shipment took over 3 weeks and included a couple of unanswered e-mails.. Their site was down yesterday and I did some poking around and heard of some grumbling that they might be in financial trouble... I don't want to start rumors here just watch out if you use them.

Well I need a regulator and started shopping around and found a place that beat most by $30.00 and So. Seattle by 10... $47 for a regulator.. Well their site was messed up and wouldn't put the regulator in the shopping cart so I called them... I also was wondering about shipping.. Some vendors pad the shipping to make their cheap prices not so cheap... Well it seems they have better prices over the phone and charge less for shipping on phone orders.. I ended up paying $44.00 with shipping came out to less than So. Seattle's unshipped price.

So I would suggest getting your part numbers from their website and calling the order in to their 800#. I'll let you know on shipping... they said 6-7 days.

If anyone else has used them please reply to this thread.

Now you see some of the pain I have been having with them. Their stuff has always taken to the longest to get here. And their prices went up. I have seen their site down and they say they will ship with a specific carrier and then it shows up on another. Tracking numbers do not come in email either.

thanks maineac for the reminder about s. seattle. i had ordered some stuff from them. all was ok, but the last order for a simple clutch housing gasket never showed up. went to my local stealer. the parts guys told me they had a new $5,000 gasket cutting machine. made my gasket on the spot. if you have a part # it will cut it. i didn't fuss at s.seattle 'cause it was during the holidays. will have to check out your link.

thanks again

don c.

I posted about the prices at Carolina Cycle (or Waynsvlle - same place) in your last thread on this subject in early April, but no one commented on it when I said how much cheaper they were. Maybe I just turn a lot of folks off and they tune out my posts? Or I am too wordy ...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20574&highlight=cheap+parts&page=2

Anyway, glad you finally found them. Personally, I just use their prices to take down to my local shop and have them match prices. That way I get the cheapest price and keep a good local dealer in business too. Ride safe,

Goose

I didn't see it Goose or maybe the name didn't register... they got like 5 different names going there and I found out by accident that there Phone orders are cheaper than their website prices... I checked their accessories and they show MSRP maybe you gotta call for a discount on accessories.

I think the other post was about accessories... I know it's semantics but there is a difference... I just went threw the difference with a couple of Venturers. They saw fit to plug Buckeye Perf. in my Cheap Parts Thread.