IGNORED

2018 GPS Updates

Kent

I have downloaded the latest Software (R12.2.0) and Map updates on my 2018 Venture per online instructions.  It is showing that it is updated in the system info but the NAVI button on the user screen will not light up to use. What do I need to do? Please advise. Thanks, Kent Mouzon

• 1 month later...

Well, I had my update installed by the dealer the 2nd time (1st time I installed it) when I took it in for fob problems (another story). After the install, my GPS on the informant showed me somewhere in Lake Michigan. I put in the updated map firmware again ($100.00), and nothing changed. It seems the update will corrupt informant system. The dealer stated Yamaha will send a new GPS antena & module. Once that was installed, the same problem. Now I'm waiting for a totally new, updated informant system. The dealer stated that Yamaha said everyone would have to go through what I did before receiving an updated system. It's B.S., but I guess Yamaha likes wasting money on a known problem. Well, I guess, I'm hoping this will solve the problem. As of now, I don't have GPS, or TPS. The dealer (I assume) simply forgot to reprogram the fob code to the system. My suggestion, take it to the dealer and go through the same B.S., so you too can a updated, new system.