IGNORED

Short screen

Hi all,

The screen on the Royale has always sat right in my eyeline.

can you buy a short screen, does anyone have one to sell? or do I just get mine cut down. If the last option what is the best way to go about making the cut.

thanks

mike 

I cut mine down with a saber saw. I taped up the screen real well with a couple layers of masking tape and I also taped up the base of the saber saw. Beware….it took two people (one to make the cut and one to hold the screen). Go slow and make a good line and follow it. It’s pretty easy to crack the screen so be careful.

I set mine up at just about the height of my nose, was easy to see over the top…

I used that setup for about 3 years and it was ok….you do get buffeted a bit more. About two years ago I bit the bullet and bought a new taller windscreen…couldn’t be happier! All the wind goes over my head and it’s crystal clear.

I was in the same boat….the top of the glass was just in the wrong spot for me.

Yep I had thought cut down so as to be able to see over. I have never had a bike that I could only see through the screen in case I am caught out with sun and glare etc. I may have to get a screen and give a cut one a go to trial how much the wind is for me.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, Patmac6075 said:

I cut mine down with a saber saw. I taped up the screen real well with a couple layers of masking tape and I also taped up the base of the saber saw. Beware….it took two people (one to make the cut and one to hold the screen). Go slow and make a good line and follow it. It’s pretty easy to crack the screen so be careful.

I set mine up at just about the height of my nose, was easy to see over the top…

I used that setup for about 3 years and it was ok….you do get buffeted a bit more. About two years ago I bit the bullet and bought a new taller windscreen…couldn’t be happier! All the wind goes over my head and it’s crystal clear.

I was in the same boat….the top of the glass was just in the wrong spot for me.

What screen and where did you get it?  Mine needs replacing, it’s tinted and crazed and would be nice to see better.