IGNORED

some help needed

OK i need some help

I seen somewhere where someone had posted where we can use a splitter cord and plug behind the faring to run a i-pod or other such equipment to.

I've been locking but can't find it.

dos anyone know where it is

thanks

George C.

I don't know about a link but it is easy. I used a Y harness from Radio Shack. The connectors are the same size as whatever you have that fits the aux input next to the cassette player. There are inch and millimeter sizing on the Y harness and I don't remember which it is. I think the choice was 1/4 inch and 3.5 mm. Bring the cord with you.

To get to the place to plug it in you need to split the fairing. There is a cord near the right side of the audio system head unit with an in line connector, maybe 6 inches forward of the factory aux jack. The cable is a small diameter like the cable the Y adaptor is made from. Pull the connector apart and insert the Y cable.

From there I added an extender, 8 foot I think and ran it under the tank and seats into the trunk. I have a MP3 player on shuffle and just put it in the trunk and let it run.

Jerry

PS, I type too slow. By the time I got this up Freebird found the link. Very nice article!

Edited by AZSpyder