IGNORED

Drive shaft installation trick

Not sure of the best way to put the drive shaft back in but my rubber boot is extremely difficult to put back on. So I thought I would pass along a trick.

I take a long screw diver stick it in the drive shaft housing lift the output shaft up were it comes out of the u-joint then I slide a large zip tie (3/8" wide that's long enough to reach) under the output shaft then pull the screw driver out. That holds the output shaft up just enough that with just a mild amount of profanity applied you can wiggle the driveshaft in then slide the zip tie out while holding the driveshaft in place so it doesn't drag out with the zip tie.  

Once again thanks so much for the help. With out this wonderful site and the great people that belong my venture would have been long gone.  

• Thanks 1

It is great to have access to this amount of knowledge available this site on some these topics ..I think that there no better teacher than to do the job yourself .

Sometimes I wish that the engineers who designed these products would have to do at one least repair themselves

• Thanks 1